Citronella Essential Oil Aromatherapy
- Scent Name: Citronella
- Aroma: Pungent, musky, citrus-like
- Citronella Essential Oil Aromatherapy has a well rounded lemon citrus scent, though it is much softer than actual Lemon. It also has subtle wood tones. Nonetheless, most people will associate it with its insecticide properties. Many commercial repellents contain Citronella Ceylon, and it is often used in combination with Cedarwood to produce a pleasant smelling natural insect repellent.
- Blends well with: Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass
Citronella Essential Oil is credited with having therapeutic properties as an antiseptic, deodorant, insecticide, parasitic, tonic and as a stimulant. It will also be seen in soaps and candles, and it has common applications in massage. This oil can also help with minor infection, but is more commonly known for its ability to assist in combating colds and flu. Citronella can also be used for excessive perspiration and for conditioning oily skin and hair.
How to Use:
- Diffuser: Put the water in the diffuser then drop the essential oil 2-3 drops and boil.
- Bath: add 4-6 drops of essential oils to your warm bath tub and soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Massage: add 2-3 drops of essential oils into blend with Base oil 1 teaspoon
Concentrated oil. Use with care. Not for Internal Use. Do not use directly on skin, Keep out of reach of children and pets.