Lotus Essential Oil Aromatherapy
- Scent Name: Lotus
- Aroma: Intense flora sweet, delightful
- Lotus essential oil aromatherapy has been used as an effective remedy for stress-related ailments and skin conditions. It has also been known to relieve headaches, nausea, morning sickness, diarrhea, and vomiting. There are other health benefits related to various compounds found in lotus essential oil including catechins.
- Benefits: Relaxing, romantic, comforting
- Blends well with Jasmine, Patchouli, Cinnamon, Sandalwood
The lotus flower has been considered sacred for centuries when ancient Asians decorated temples with it and Buddha viewed the medicinal benefits of lotus as giving it sacred qualities.
The roots of the plant are what assists it in spreading throughout an area as they are strong and difficult to remove once firmly planted. The roots have also been used as a food source as they contain the vitamins thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and a scorbutic acid. Indigenous American cultures started using the lotus plant root as a food which was eventually adopted by others.
How to Use:
- Diffuser: Put the water in the diffuser then drop the essential oil 2-3 drops.
- Bath: add 4-6 drops of essential oils to your warm bathtub and soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Massage: add 2-3 drops of essential oils into a blend with Base oil 1 teaspoon
Concentrated oil. Use with care. Not for Internal Use. Do not use directly on the skin, Keep out of reach of children and pets.